ANAAR KA RAITA/ POMEGRANATE YOGURT
The juice extracted from Pomegranates contains ellagic acid as well as anthocyanins – both having antioxidant properties. It has been found in research of this wonderful fruit that the antioxidant capacity in the form of ellagic acid and anthocyanins in one cup of pomegranate juice is two to three times more than the capacity one can derive by consuming a cup of green tea or red wine.
It has been discovered that consuming as little as one quarter of a cup of pomegranate juice on a daily basis can improve the health of the cardiovascular system in the body by significantly bringing down the oxidation levels in the body caused by LDL
2. Yogurt/ Fresh Curd: 2 bowls
3. Sugar: 2 tbs or as per taste
4. A dash of salt
5. A dash of rock/black salt
- Take half of the anaar/pomegranate seeds and juice them in a juicer/mixer.
- Strain out the reddish juice and throw away the seed remnants.
- Now beat the yogurt/fresh curd well.
- Add the juice followed by the sugar and salt. stir well.
- Lastly, ornament with the remaining pomegranate/anaar seeds.
- Serve chilled with Pulao/ Khichdi/ Biryani.
My event: Cooking Made Easy With Yogurt,
Loved the trivia on anar ~ One of my most fav fruit , never tried making raita out of it so this recipe is definitely bookmarked ! Loved the pomegranate pearls on top :)ReplyDelete
US Masala is hosting a giveaway. Do check it out here
Love this raita with pomegranate, looks beautiful. Thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)ReplyDelete
First time to your space...Never tried making raita out of anar....a very nutritious and new dish....very nicely presented..ReplyDelete
Anaar ka raita sounds superb...ReplyDelete