Summers are here and they bring with them vibrant colors and recipes to tempt your taste buds. The beginning was with Shrikhand and now energize yourself with thandi thandi Thandai.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- Water: 1 glass
- Milk: 3/4 litre
- Sugar: 1/2 cup or as per taste
- Black peppecorns (kali mirch): 10-12
- Almonds: 1/4 cup
- Poppy seeds: 2 tablespoons
- Fennel seeds (saunf): 2 tablespoons
- Cardamom powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Melon (tarbooj/kharbooj) seeds: 2 tbs
- Fresh/ dried rose petals: 1/4 cup
Method: Take almonds, peppercorns, poppy seeds, fennel seeds, melon seeds, rose petals and soak them in half a glass of water for 3-4 hrs. Now take this mixture and grind into a fine paste. Strain the extract in a glass. Keep on adding the remaining water slowly and grind it repeatedly and keep on straining till only the husk remains (preserve this husk for another recipe). Now add cardamom powder to this mixture. At last add milk and sugar and stir well.
Refrigerate for 2 hrs and serve chilled. You could also top it with almonds.