Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mithi Sevaiyya/ Vermicelli Kheer




Taking you to the Land of Nawabs, 'Lucknow', which happens to be my lovely sasural. I love the food there and I'm sure you'll love its flavors too. :)




MITHI SEVAIYYA/ VERMICELLI KHEER:

Ingredients:

- Roasted Vermicelli strands

- 1 litre milk

- Milk powder

- 3 tablespoons, cardamom powder

- Saffron strands

- Sugar

- Ghee - 1 tablespoon

- Almonds, cashew nuts and raisins.

Method:
Take the milk and keep it for boiling. Take a pan, add ghee to it and then put the vermicelli strands to it. Roast them till golden brown and add this directly to the boiling milk. Continue to simmer till the strands soften. Add milk powder, cardamom powder, saffron strands, crushed almonds/almond powder and sugar to it. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot with almonds, cashews and raisins. Else refrigerate overnight or for 5-6 hours and serve chilled.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I actually
    enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.I will be sure to bookmark
    your blog and will often come back in the foreseeable
    future. I want to encourage continue your great posts, have a nice day!
    Review my blog post Saffron Diet

    ReplyDelete

When you smile, not only do you feel happy, but you bring a ray of light into the lives of others. Thanks for dropping by my space and blessing me with your beautiful smile. :)