LEHSUNI PALAK KA SAAG:
- Palak(spinach): 2 bunches
- Onion: 1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic: 5 cloves (finely chopped)
- Green chilly: -1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds(jeera): 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 2 tsp
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1 and half tsp or as per taste
- Oil - 3-4 tbs
1. Take palak leaves, wash them and boil/microwave them for 5 minutes.
2. Now take the boiled leaves and grind them into a fine paste on cooling.
3. Take oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, followed by chopped garlic, chilly and chopped onion.
4. Fry this on medium flame till the onion turns golden brown.
5. Now add all the spices, salt and fry well.
6. Add the palak paste to it and fry on medium/low flame till the oil separates from the corners.
7. Add little water for the desired consistency and boil.
8. Cover the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Now serve hot with tandoori roti.
1. Wheat Flour (Aata)
3. A dash of salt
Method:1. Sift the flour and salt together and prepare a soft dough (like how you prepare for chapati/roti) using water.
2. Keep it covered with a muslin cloth or bowl for 10 minutes.
3. Knead it well using ghee/butter
4. Now take a small portion of the dough and roll it in an elongated fashion.
5. Do not roll it into a very thin sheet.
6. Bake this either in a tandoor/oven on 250 degrees after pre-heating for 5 minutes. You could even bake it on a gas stove with the help of a grill.
7. Turn the side when it's done on one side.
8. You should see small light/dark brown spots which indicate that it is properly baked.
9. Smear it with ghee or butter and serve garma-garam. :)